I’ve learned a lot over the last thirty years. Mentors, friends, and above all else, a shed load of trial and error has led me to a point where—yes—I feel comfortable giving you this advice. Here you go, Tribe...
Always be open and authentic—we’re not interested in a watered-down version of you. Show us your joy—and your crazy!
If you need someone to simply listen, ask. If you need advice, ask. And if you’re not sure what it is you need, that’s ok too! Communicating your needs leads to greater understanding between people and cuts out those grey areas.
If you’re complaining, make sure it’s constructive.
Move your body, it’s the only one you have.
5. Love your body, it’s the only one you have.
6. Not everyone will like you, or even get what you’re all about. That’s ok!
7. If you don’t practice self-care, you’ll have no energy for anyone else.
8. ‘No’ is not a complete sentence! Give people a reason why.
9. Understand that opposition is truly necessary: a different opinion can move mountains.
10. It’s ok to have 'off days' and feel grouchy, that’s what helps us enjoy the good days. Just remember, don't sit in a bad mood for too long.
11. Not all advice is relevant to your story; figure out what resonates with you.
12. Embrace change. The best stories involve plenty of unseen twists and turns.
What are some life tips you live by? Let us know in the comments, or tag #beardedhacks on social.